LFW and a New Start

0 Comments




The last week has consisted of running around central London trying to track down my fashion faves. Unfortunately I had no earthly means of getting into any London Fashion Week shows, but that didn't mean I didn't enjoy taking in the scenery and events that were going on. Having shifted from Somerset House (which was located directly next to my campus... not bitter or anything) to the Brewer Street Carpark in Soho, there was definitely a new aesthetic approach to this season.

Though there's an air of intimidation surrounding everyone, my first fashion week experience was quite exciting. It was interesting to see the actual changing trends in womenswear be displayed right in front of me. The majority of the people I saw were toting mint-green lanyards and heavily priced cameras, but the day I went to the Topshop Unique show I managed to see some familiar faces in the British Fashion Sphere™(think Alexa Chung, Poppy Delevingne, Bella Hadid, etc.). Later that same evening I went to the Louis Vuitton Series 3 Exhibition Launch, where I managed to grab glimpses of Tanya Burr Douglas Booth, Cara Delevingne, and Selena Gomez.

Needless to say it was an exciting few days.

But now I'm settling back into the routine of getting up and going to places that are actually important. Like school. Being an exchange student does offer a little bit of a different experience, but the students at King's College are very much similar to the students back home: sleep-deprived, anxious, and steadily unamused at the world.

I feel right at home.

Post a Comment