Seven

0 Comments

The impending feeling of separation anxiety and sadness is probably the only thing keeping me from actually starting to pack. But it's coming and it's inevitable, and sooner or later I'm going to have to deal with the fact that I'm leaving.

If you asked me a month ago, I'd already be in line at the departure gate with my carry-on bag, eager to get back to some semblance of familiarity. But now things are growing on me. The overcast weather is a joy. Rush hour is bearable. Tourists are a necessary evil. The constant, ceaseless noise is an old friend.

Though classes have already ended, there are still a few assignments tying me down to King's for a few more weeks. But as soon as those are done, my time as a student here will officially be over. In the mean time, the last week should be exciting. I'm ready to be truly and entirely exhausted from trying to see and absorb as much of London as I can before I ride the Tube one final time toward the airport.

Things are starting to pick up just as they're winding down. There are lots of feelings flying around, but I'm bracing myself for everything headed my way. One week to go.

Post a Comment